Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Visual Notetaking

I stumbled across this presentation on Slideshare the other day

I think it’s a really example of the modern approach to presentation design as advocated by Garr Reynolds and Nancy Duarte. It’s well designed and very visual. No not boring lists of bullet points here. The content is good and interesting too.

To understand the message fully you’d need to listen to the presenter – and that’s what presentations are about – the slides should support the presentation. With Slideshare that’s not possible (unless the originator records a soundtrack to go with it) so the full message doesn’t come across. However, the creator, Eva-Lotta Lamm, has made the notes that go along with the presentation available on her blog “Do Not Forget”

I like the idea of using sketchnotes and have tried to use them when I’ve attended conferences and meetings over the last 12 months – but I’ve not got the hang of them yet. I’m not a natural sketcher and I still find myself writing out linear lists. But I’m going to keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment