Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Green buildings?

Kamal Meattle's talk from the recent TED conference has recently been posted on the TED website.



I've already embedded the slides from the talk on a previous post.

The idea of using plants to clean up indoor air has been around for quite a while now. This talk is about a project which utilised three different plants in a building in New Dehli. The results sound interesting but both the talk and slidedeck give relatively few details. I'd like to find out more but there isn't any further detail on the websites referenced by TED and in the slides. A quick "Google" hasn't turned up anything and I've not been able to locate any relevant papers in the public domain. So I'll have to reserve judgment on how effective these plants have been until I've had chance to look into this in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment